Your content is the most important part of your newsletter so you will want to be sure to get this correct right from the start. Following are some suggestions that will help you:
1. Your customers are your greatest asset for obvious reasons. You need to treat them like the VIP’s that they are. These are the very people that will tell their friends by forwarding your emails. There is no better advertising than that of Word of Mouth. This could also be the fastest undoing you will ever meet head on. Tread carefully and respectfully. Send your customers coupons for referring a friend, let them know how important they are by offering them a coupon for reduced pricing on getting more done to their vehicle such as interior reconditioning.
2. Be sure that the information you are writing about is in fact useful to them. If your readers find no value in what you are sharing they will delete the newsletter before ever taking the time to open it.
3. Don’t be afraid to show some personality. You don’t want your readers to fall asleep while reading your newsletter. Speak to them the same way you would speak to them in person, minus any cussing. This is a good time to mention that you should never use cuss words with your customers neither in person or in your newsletter.
4. Keep your newsletters short and to the point. Most people are too busy for a long newsletter. If in fact one of your articles is going to be lengthy but juicy, then you will need to put a teaser in the newsletter and provide a Read More after three to five sentences. If you build it, they will come.
5. Sometimes, no matter who you are, you need some inspiration. You can use sites that are built to inspire like Pinterest that can do the trick. If you click onto the link I provided, it will put you right onto the page that refers to Paintless Dent Repair. You can do the same with Pocket and Evernote. Have some fun and get inspired.